Terms & Conditions
Updated October 2021
Terms and Conditions:
To protect our property owners, we ask that you carefully read the following ‘Terms and Conditions’ of your booking as these form part of the agreement between yourself as the guest and the property owner.
- For all bookings 50% deposit is required to confirm the booking and is payable within 24 hours from the date you make the booking. The balance of all outstanding monies is due thirty (30) calendar days prior to your arrival. Payment can be made via direct deposit into our trust account or via Visa or MasterCard. There is a 1.75% (non-refundable) card fee on all card transactions.
- A guest registration form is required to be completed for all bookings. The registration form requests details of your name, address, drivers licence number as well as card details. If card details cannot be supplied a $400.00 bond is payable, we can only accept bond payments via EFT and/or card payments. The bond balance will be returned 14 calendar days after your departure date. An increased bond may be incurred for group bookings or at our discretion.
- With the high demand of annual Christmas rebooking’s, we would appreciate if you could make your rebooking’s during your present occupancy and confirm with the required 50% deposit, with the full payment due 30 days prior to arrival. We cannot guarantee your rebooking for the same property.
- All guests are required to comply with the Code of Conduct as per the STRA Code of Conduct guidelines. Any property that is managed by a strata and/or community title will have by laws that need to be adhered to by all guest/s. The Code of Conduct stipulates that all guest/s occupying the property, inclusive of visitors, must comply with the guest obligations as set out in this document. Any guest/s and/or visitor/s found to be breaching the Code of Conduct will result in immediate termination of the booking with no compensation, refund and/or credit provided to the guest/s for lost nights/funds.
- OFFENSIVE NOISE: As you will appreciate, your property is in a residential area and therefore offensive noise can be a serious issue. We ask you to comply with the Protection of the Environment (Noise Control) Regulation 2008 which describes offensive noise as ‘harmful to (or is likely to be harmful to) a person who is outside the premises from which it is emitted’ or ‘interfaces unreasonably with (or is likely to interface unreasonably with) the comfort or response of a person who is outside the premises from which it is emitted’.
- Schoolies or any similar party bookings such as bucks’ parties will not be accepted. Any such bookings carried out by parents or others to circumvent our terms and conditions will result in immediate eviction from the property by our security contractors, staff and/or local Police (if required). No refund of any booking funds will be made and an additional penalty fee of $275.00 will be applied.
- Special conditions apply for cancellations. If you cancel your accommodation, and we managed to secure a replacement booking at the same rate for the same period your deposit will be refunded less a $125.00 administration fee together with your $66.00 booking fee. However, if the property cannot be rebooked, your deposit and any funds paid will not be refundable. If you shorten your stay, the unused portion of your booking is not refundable.
- Should a guest require duplicate keys after hours a $110.00 service fee will be charged. If no spare key is available guests may be liable for any costs involved in gaining entry to the premises. Guests must not break in or attempt to break into premises when locked out. Please note any damages caused trying to break in will be chargeable.
- Please note, all bookings will incur a $66.00 booking fee per booking (included in the total accommodation pricing).
- Your property is available from 2.30pm on your day of arrival with a vacating time of 9:30am on the date of your departure.
- Each property is equipped for a specific number of occupants. No additional mattresses, tents, caravans, or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed, if this is not followed you may be required to vacate immediately with no refund of any booking funds. It is against Health Department regulations for more persons to occupy a property than there are beds to accommodate them. To avoid any issues, please discuss your needs with our staff when making your booking.
- Properties are equipped with blankets/doonas and pillows, however, please remember to bring your own personal linen including sheets, pillowcases, towels and tea towels. We also suggest extra towels for your beach and/or picnic days. Other items you should bring with you include soaps, dishwashing liquid, toilet paper etc. Linen hire is available through Ray White Tea Gardens Real Estate, we have a few selected properties where linen is supplied, this will be advertised accordingly online and noted in your confirmation emails.
- The housekeepers have prepared your property to a high standard. We ask that you show consideration by being neat and tidy and placing wrapped garbage in the bins provided.
- Garbage bins are to be put out on Sunday nights in Tea Gardens. Hawks Nest Bins on Tuesday or Wednesday nights. Please put your bin kerbside with the handle facing the property. Boxes of rubbish left by the garbage bin will not be picked up and we ask that you dispose of excess garbage at the Council tip, located at Winta Rd, Tea Gardens NSW 2324.
- Most people like to ‘party’, however we must stress that excess noise or behaviour that is disturbing or threatening to neighbours will not be tolerated. We ask that children in your group refrain from playing in hallways or driveways which could be dangerous for them.
- Guests that are making excess noise or damaging a property will be given a warning and could be asked to leave the property immediately, depending on the severity, with no refund of any booking funds
- A $25.00 BBQ cleaning fee will be charged for unclean BBQ’S.
- There is a $50.00 administration fee for Ray White Tea Gardens Real Estate to collect and post any items that have been left behind at properties by guest/s.
- Tea Gardens/Hawks Nest celebrates the fact that we have very little crime; however, we cannot accept responsibility for personal property that are left unattended in your holiday accommodation. When visiting beaches and picnic areas, we suggest that you lock your vehicle and make sure that valuables are out of sight. By showing care in these simple steps, you will help prevent possible stressful situations from arising.
- Unfortunately, in most properties pets are not permitted. To avoid being disappointed on your arrival, please let our staff know of any specific needs regarding animals and it will be our pleasure to make sure they are comfortable and well provided for. Please note that no pets are permitted on any property furnishings and or carpeted areas – this applies to all properties.
- When a booking is made, the deposit is accepted for the owner at that time. If the property is for sale and the ownership changes before your holiday, we cannot guarantee that the property will remain available. However, if the property is sold, you will be notified immediately, allowing you time to organize alternative accommodation, should it be required.
- If your property is listed for sale whilst you are in residence, no inspection will be made without prior notice and will be carried out only if necessary and always in the company of an employee of Ray White Tea Gardens Real Estate.
- In the event of a property refurbishment or owners’ instructions, rental rates may be subject to increase without notice. Should this occur, you will be notified immediately and given the opportunity to pay the difference in tariff, select alternate accommodation for your booking dates or receive a full refund of any funds paid, minus card surcharges.
- All damages, breakages or losses to the property, furniture and furnishing are to be reported to Ray White Tea Gardens Real Estate and paid for by the guest immediately. Should you discover a fault or breakage when you arrive, please advise us or we will consider those the responsibility of the current guest and charge accordingly. Funds will be deducted from the security deposit if we need to make a claim which may include but is not limited to the following: excess cleaning fees, damage or breakages, excess garbage removal, late check out, telephone calls (if applicable). When the total amount claimed for damages exceeds $150.00, an agent’s fee of $66.00 applies.
- At times, situations arise of which we have no control. Ray White Tea Gardens Real Estate reserves the right to move visitors to alternative accommodation of a similar standard at their discretion or the direct instruction of the property owners. If this is the case, we will notify you immediately and make every reasonable effort to make sure you are satisfied with your alternative property.
- When booking your accommodation, our staff have taken great care to describe your holiday accommodation as accurately as possible. However, Ray White Tea Gardens Real Estate cannot accept responsibility for incorrect descriptions, errors, or omissions.
- All guest/s must comply with any current NSW mandatory health guidelines and restrictions as set out by the NSW government. It is a guest/s responsibility to ensure they are aware of any current restrictions when in house and abide by these. Any breaches to the NSW laws and Public Health Order/s can cause for guest to be asked to leave the premises without warning. If a guest is issued any infringement notice by enforcement for not abiding by the laws set out by the government Ray White Tea Gardens Real Estate take no liability.
- All bookings are made in good faith of ongoing holiday letting by the owner, however, may be subject to change and Ray White Tea Gardens Real Estate cannot accept responsibility for actions taken by the owner of the property which are outside of our control. Reasonable actions will be made by our agency to offer alternative accommodation should this occur. We reserve all rights to cancel a confirmed booking at any time, should this occur a full refund of any funds paid, minus any applicable card surcharges, will be sent to the guest.
We hope you enjoy your stay at our beautiful part of the coast!