Terms & Conditions
Updated July 2019
Terms and Conditions:
To protect our property owners, we ask that you carefully read the following “Terms and Conditions” of your booking as these form part of the agreement between yourself as the guest and the property owner.
- For all bookings 50% of the tariff plus an administration fee of $66.00 is required as a deposit to confirm the booking and is payable within 24 hours from the date you make the booking. The balance of all outstanding monies is due Thirty (30) calendar days prior to your arrival. Payment can be made via direct deposit into our trust account (you must call us to arrange this option), Visa and or MasterCard. There is a 1.75% (non refundable) card fee on all card transactions.
- A guest registration form is required to be completed for all bookings. The registration form requests details of your name, address, drivers licence number as well as card details. If card details cannot be supplied a $400.00 bond is payable, we can only accept bond payments via EFT and/or card payments. The bond balance will be returned 14 calendar days after your departure date. An increased bond may be incurred for group bookings or at our discretion.
- With the high demand of annual Christmas rebookings, Tea Gardens Real Estate would appreciate if you could make your rebookings during your present occupancy and confirm with the required 50% deposit and full payment due 30 days prior to arrival. We cannot guarantee your rebooking for the same property.
- OFFENSIVE NOISE
As you will appreciate, your property is in a residential area and therefore offensive noise can be a serious issue.We ask you to comply with the Protection of the Environment (Noise Control) Regulation 2008. which describes offensive noise as ‘harmful to (or is likely to be harmful to) a person who is outside the premises from which it is emitted’ or ‘interfaces unreasonably with (or is likely to interface unreasonably with) the comfort or response of a person who is outside the premises from which it is emitted’
- Schoolies or any similar party bookings such as bucks’ parties will not be accepted. Any such bookings carried out by parents or others to circumvent our terms and conditions will result in immediate eviction from the property by our security contractors and local Police (if required). No refund of any booking charges will be made and an additional penalty fee of $275.00 will be applied.
- Special conditions apply for cancellations. If you cancel your accommodation, and we managed to secure a replacement booking at the same rate for the same period your deposit will be refunded less a $125.00 administration fee together with your booking fee. However, if the property cannot be rebooked, your deposit and any funds paid will not be refundable. If you shorten your stay, the unused portion of your booking is not refundable.
- Should a guest require duplicate keys after hours a $110.00 service fee will be charged. If no spare key is available guests may be liable for any costs involved in gaining entry to the premises. Guests must not break in or attempt to break into premises when locked out. Please note any damages caused trying to break in will be chargeable.
- Please note, all bookings will incur a $66.00 administration fee per property / booking.
- Your property is available from 2.30pm on your day of arrival with a vacating time of 9:30am on the date of your departure.
- Each property is equipped for a specific number of occupants. No additional mattresses, tents, caravans, or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed, if this is not followed you may be required to vacate immediately, and no monies will be refunded to the guests. It is against Health Department regulations for more persons to occupy a property than there are beds to accommodate them. To avoid any issues, please discuss your needs with our staff when making your booking. If necessary, we can arrange travel cots for young children at an additional charge.
- Properties are also equipped with blankets/doonas and pillows, however please remember to bring your own personal linen including sheets, pillow cases, towels and tea towels. We also suggest extra towels for your beach and picnic days. Other items you should bring with you are soaps, dishwashing liquid, toilet paper etc. LINEN HIRE is available through Tea Gardens Real Estate.
- Our housekeeper has prepared your property to a high standard. We ask in turn that you show consideration by being neat and tidy and placing wrapped garbage in the bins provided.
- Garbage bins are to be put out on Sunday nights in Tea Gardens. Hawks Nest Bins on Tuesday or Wednesday nights. Please put your bin kerbside with the handle facing the property. Boxes of rubbish left by the garbage bin will not be picked up and we ask that you dispose of excess garbage at the Council tip. Hours are Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays from 8am to Noon, Monday and Wednesdays from Noon to 4pm and Sundays Noon to 4:00pm. Location: Winta Road, Tea Gardens NSW 2324
- Most people like to “party”, however we must stress that excess noise or behaviour that is disturbing or threatening to neighbours will not be tolerated. We ask that children in your group refrain from playing in hallways or driveways which could be dangerous for them.
- Guests that are making excess noise or damaging a property will be given a warning(s) and could be asked to leave the property immediately, depending on the severity of the issue and no monies will be refunded to the guest.
- A $25.00 B.B.Q cleaning fee will be charged for unclean BBQ’S.
- There is a $27.50 administration fee for Tea Gardens Real Estate to collect items that have been left behind at properties. It is also the guest’s responsibility to organise postage or a courier to deliver their belongings at their own cost.
- Tea Gardens/Hawks Nest celebrates the fact that we have very little crime; however, we cannot accept responsibility for personal property such as cameras etc that are left unattended in your holiday accommodation. When visiting beaches and picnic areas, we suggest that you lock your vehicle and make sure that valuables are out of sight. By showing care in these simple steps you will help prevent possible stressful situations do not arise.
- Whilst a dog is known as “man’s best friend” – and we are lucky to have property owners who share that view. However, in most properties’ pets are not permitted. To avoid being disappointed on your arrival, please let our staff know of any specific needs regarding animals and it will be our pleasure to make sure they are comfortable and well provided for. Please note that no pets are permitted on any property furnishings and or carpeted areas – this applies to all properties.
- When a booking is made, the deposit is accepted for the owner at that time. If the property is for sale and the ownership changes before your holiday, we cannot guarantee that the property will remain available. However, if the property is sold, you will be notified immediately, allowing you time to organize alternative accommodation, should it be required.
- If your property is listed for sale whilst you are in residence, no inspection will be made without prior notice and will be carried out only if necessary and always in the company of an employee of Tea Gardens Real Estate.
- In the event of a property refurbishment or owners’ instructions, rental rates may be subject to increase without notice. Should this occur, you will be notified immediately and given the opportunity to pay the difference in tariff or receive a full refund of your deposit. We will also offer you alternative accommodation if possible.
- All damages, breakages or losses to the property, furniture and furnishing are to be reported to the agent and paid for by the guest immediately. Should you discover a fault or breakage when you arrive, please advise us or we will consider those the responsibility of the current guest and charge accordingly. Funds will be deducted from the security deposit if we need to make a claim which may include but is not limited to the following: excess cleaning fees, damage or breakages, excess garbage removal, late check out, telephone calls (if applicable). When the total amount claimed for damages exceeds $150.00, an agent’s fee of $66.00 applies.
- At times, situations arise of which we have no control. Tea Gardens Real Estate reserves the right to move visitors to alternative accommodation of a similar standard at their discretion or the direct instruction of the property owners. If this is the case, we will notify you as soon as possible and make every reasonable effort to make sure you are satisfied with your alternative property.
- When booking your accommodation, our staff have taken great care to describe your holiday accommodation as accurately as possible. However, Tea Gardens Real Estate cannot accept responsibility for incorrect descriptions, errors or omissions.
- All guest must comply with any current NSW mandatory health guidelines and restrictions as set out by the NSW government. It is a guests responsibility to ensure they are aware of any current restrictions when in house and abiode by these. Any breaches to the NSW laws and health order can cause for guest to be asked to leave the premises without prior warning. If a guest is issued any infringement notice by enforcement for not abiding by the laws set out by the government Tea Gardens Real Estate take no liability.
We hope you have a Great Stay!